Introduction: surface tension describes water’s ability to “stick to itself”, because of the pressures of cohesion. Surface tension can be measured and observed by dropping water (drop by drop) onto a penny. The variety of water autumn that can fit ~ above a penny will surprise you.
You are watching: How is the surface tension of water affected by soap
Number of drops ___________
2. Develop a hypothesis that answers the experimental question stated above, “How is surface anxiety of water affected by soap?” compose your hypothesis below, making use of the proper “If…then…” format.
3. Check your theory by compare the number of drops the tap water that have the right to fit on a coin to the number of drops of soapy water that can fit on a penny. Due to the fact that water drops might vary depending on how well you autumn the water, it is ideal to run numerous trials and also take one average. Record your data in the table below
|Trial 1||Trial 2||Trial 3||Trial 4||Trial 5||Average|
4. Analyze the data and organize your results in a graph.
5. Conclusion: compose a paragraph below (using complete sentences) that explains how soap influence the surface stress of water, making use of your data to assist you price the question. Suggest a reason for your observations (Why did the happen?) Hint: review in textbook around water’s cohesive properties. incorporate a short description of her findings. Be sure to re-state the hypothesis in your conclusions and also tell if the was supported or not sustained by this test. Describe sources that error that might have affected your results and also changes you can make in future experiments.
Post- lab Analysis:
Answer the adhering to questions in her lab notebook, ~ you completed the conclusions.
5. Explain what surface anxiety is.
6. Why were numerous trials taken and then the outcomes averaged?
7. In this experiment, what was your control group?
8. Identify the independent change in the experiment.
9. Identify the dependent change in the experiment.
See more: What Does Como Eres Tu Mean ? What Does Como Eres Tu Mean In Spanish
10. What if the speculative question to be “How go sugar impact the surface tension of water?” explain how you would answer this inquiry using the clinical method.