2. Can you switch the end the Safranin dye with another? Think carefully and also explain.
3. Gram-Variable organisms will certainly not produce a constant gram result. Give two various reasons one organism would certainly be Gram-Variable, give an example of an biology (Genus and species name) and also an alternative staining an approach that could be offered to recognize that organism because that each reason.
You are watching: What is the function of a mordant
B. Fill in the table based on the two pictures shown: image 1 photo 2 Gram reaction form of cells
1. 2. To fill in the complying with table relenten the procedures of the gram stain: step Reagent purpose of reagent time color of gram hopeful cells after this step shade of gram negative cells after this step 1 2 3 4 answer the complying with questions:
1. Why is the gram stain technique more beneficial than the simple stain technique in the diagnostic laboratory? 2. Intend distilled water to be accidentally used rather of alcohol in the Gram stain procedure. What would be the color of gram positive and gram negative bacteria in ~ the end of the procedure? 3. What is the purpose of the mordant?
4. Why carry out gram confident bacteria retain the major stain? 5. Intend you go a gram stain ~ above a sample of bacteria, and also you experienced bacilli the were gram positive beside bacilli the looked gram negative. What are two means you could interpret these results?
You prepare a on slide of Gram hopeful rods for Gram staining yet the results are challenging to interpret. The cells show up to be irregular shapes, some have indistinct edges. The staining is rarely often rare too, together some space dark purple and also some space pinkish purple. What are 2 possible explanations for what went wrong?
BIO153H5 Chapter note - chapter 27: Anabaena, Euryarchaeota, Agrobacterium Tumefaciensgreenjackal905
BIO 3124 Study overview - final Guide: Immunofluorescence, Microorganism, Succinic Acidbronzecricket140
See more: What Do Two Different Neutral Isotopes Of The Same Element Have In Common?
BIO153H5 Lecture note - lecture 3: Gram Staining, Gram-Negative Bacteria, decision Violeterinturtle513